Skip to content

Operating as the HMDCS Society

Contact Admissions 905-853-1881 Menu Donate Now

TRIP Gift Cards 

Tuition Reduction Incentive Program

TRIP is a year round fundraiser that raises money for King Christian School by using gift cards to make everyday purchases. These are purchases you make anyway, so you are able to contribute to the school without spending any additional money.

How does it work?

TRIP is simple. You purchase gift cards from the school each week to use at the grocery store, gas station, and other retailers you visit each week. A percentage of what you spend is returned to the school, and while the individual amounts may seem small, if all of our families participate, TRIP has the potential to raise tens of thousands of dollars each year.

On our weekly order form is a list of retailers. Next to each retailer is a percentage that indicates the amount per gift card purchase that the retailer will donate to the school as a result of your participation.

For Example: Chapters = 10%

If you purchase a $25 gift card for Chapters through TRIP, the school will receive $2.50, while you are able to spend the full $25 face value of the card.

See how it can add up in our TRIP video:

The 60/40 Split that can help to reduce tuition costs

The $2.50 the school receives from your $25 Chapters gift card purchase gets divided. 60% of the $2.50 will go into HMDCS’s operating budget. You may choose to further impact the school by the remaining 40% into the school’s operating budget as well, or you may designate the 40% to reduce your tuition costs: yours or that of another family.

Fundraising efforts will be accumulated from the start of a given school year in September 2012 to August of the following year, and credits will be given in the fall of that year as yet another school year begins. Since tuition reduction occurs in the following school year, the family of your choice must be in attendance to receive the 40% you designated to them; otherwise the funds raised will remain with school.

Payment Methods

Simply enclose with your order of the following forms of payment:

  • Cheque (you may post date your cheque for the following week for special request or large orders)
  • Cash
  • Debit (at the school office)
  • Pre-authorized Payment (PAP)

If you would like to pay by pre-authorized debit, please request an authorization form from the office (also available on the website by clicking here) your order will be processed once the form is completed and returned. Payments are withdrawn the 15th and 30th, whichever is closer to your order date. A payment schedule detailing the order date and corresponding withdrawal date will be sent home for your reference.


Getting Started

Step 1

Fill out your Family Registration form. This will tell us how you want to use you 40% of funds raised and how you want your cards delivered to you (many families use kid mail, but you may also pick them up in the office). [

Step 2

Place your order (download the order form). Orders are due at the start of school on Wednesday’s, and cards are delivered that afternoon, or made available in the office for pick up. Orders can be sent to school via kid mail, dropped off or faxed to the office.

Please note: The gift cards are available for direct purchase through the office at any time (cheque, cash or debit).


Extras & Tidbits

Standing Orders

You may place a standing order through TRIP. If you generally spend the same amount each week at a particular store(s), just fill out one order form, and initial the ‘make this my standing order’ at the bottom of your order form, indicate how you will be paying, and your cards will be ordered and delivered each week without any more work from you. You can order additional cards or make changes to your standing order at any time.

Restrictions

The degree to which you can make TRIP work for you is limited ONLY by your imagination. You can sell to family and friends. You can approach your business or church about using TRIP for special occasions such as: Thank You, Celebrations, or Rewards.

Special Orders

We offer an expanded list of retailers for Christmas and Summer orders, and we can accommodate large/customized orders.

Volunteers and Other People Who Make This Program Work

Aside from the TRIP coordinator, nine additional volunteers give of their time regularly to make this program work. Teachers and office staff also work diligently to keep things moving smoothly. Thank you to all!