Personal Support Worker (PSW)
King Christian School is accepting applications for a dedicated Christ-centered PSW. We are seeking a candidate with collaboration and communication skills, and passion and energy for children to grow socially, emotionally, academically, and spiritually.
We are seeking a candidate who is trained to provide assistance and develop greater learning opportunities to an individual student under the supervision of the Learning Resource Teacher and classroom teacher. The role will be suited to the specific needs and challenges of the student so that the teacher can better provide educational instruction. Interested applicants with a desire to use their talents in a historically rich and innovative Christian school community are invited to send a cover letter, resume, and statement of faith to Donna Veenstra email@example.com.
Only those selected for our interview process will be contacted.
Position Opening: Immediately
King Christian School is accepting applications for a Part-Time Educational Assistant.
We are looking for applicants that enjoy working in a team environment. Areas of responsibility will include working in a classroom while supporting multiple students or working with students who need one on one support.
Formal training including a diploma as an Educational Assistant, Early Childhood Educator, Developmental Services Worker or Social Service Worker and related work experience is preferred.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and a statement of faith to Donna Veenstra firstname.lastname@example.org. Only selected applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Position Opening: Immediately
Starts August 1, 2023
King Christian School (KCS) is a thriving, independent JK-8 school with over 210 students, centrally located in Newmarket, Ontario in York Region. This year KCS celebrates its 80th Anniversary, showing God’s faithfulness through the generations. KCS has flourished thanks to God’s continued blessings and generations of dedicated and committed parents. We are excited for the opportunity to welcome a new principal who is passionate about quality, Christ-centered education.
Our deep hope is to find a new leader who is eager to help us fulfill our mission and vision to the glory of God.
- Managing a staff of 25+
- Actively engaged in day-to-day activities
- Is willing to create positive change
- Can develop relationships with other leaders, especially those of the partner schools, churches and support organizations (ie. Edvance)
- Understands how to market the school using all modern promotional methods to encourage school growth
- Advises and assists the Board and school committees and attends Board meetings
- Effectively communicates and is approachable with the Board, staff and families
- Encourages and facilitates team building
- Provides positive and constructive feedback
- Manages staffing within the approved budget and makes recommendations to the Board for areas outside the budget
- Encourages a learning environment that is a warm, considerate and inviting place to be, where students grow in faith, wisdom, knowledge and character
- Is actively involved in staff meetings, professional development, and chapels
- Gives continuous attention to curricular development
- Encourages staff and self in lifelong learning and professional development
- Has a dynamic, courageous, authentic love for Christ and a desire to share with others
- Wisely manages a diverse Christian community
- Facilitates school involvement within the community
- Establishes engaging relationships with the community that builds trust and respect
- Provides visionary leadership to all the stakeholders of the school and leads the school to fulfill its mission, vision and objectives
- Has strong emotional intelligence to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges and diffuse conflict
- Is outgoing and comfortable meeting and greeting new people
- Enjoys speaking publicly
- Is a big picture thinker
- Has a constant desire to find ways to do things better
- Pursues personal professional development
- Remains current on best educational practices
- Demonstrates the ability to be a lifelong learner
- Bachelors degree
- Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT) qualifications or equivalent
- Masters of Education (M. Ed) or additional coursework in administration preferred
- 5+ years of Principal experience preferred or 10+ years of progressive teaching experience
As a member of Edvance Christian Schools, compensation for the position will align with Edvance recommendations.
To express your interest in this position, please email the following documents to email@example.com
- Resume and cover letter
- Statement of Philosophy of Christian Education
- Statement of Personal Faith
Upon selection, we will require:
- A pastoral reference letter attesting to your connection to a local church
- 3 references (2 professional & 1 personal)
- Vulnerable Sector Check
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those requested for an interview will be contacted. The closing date for this position will be January 31, 2023 or until a suitable candidate has been found. Note: Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
For more information regarding the school, please go to our website www.kingchristianschool.ca or email firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.